Saturday 13 April 2013

Monster Mommy

When I first came across this article, I thought, I can relate - sort of.

Today I searched this article out because I have become this very thing.  The thing I never wanted to be but recently I can't seem to get a grip on.

I feel totally lost, the grief seems to have gripped me.  My birthday is tomorrow & I am an anxious, scattered mess.  I don't want to acknowledge the day let alone celebrate.  I have been on a reflective streak, almost like I'm having a mid life crisis.  I see all the potential, all the hope, opportunities over the  years & wonder; how'd I get here?  who am I?  I'm not sure if I even like who I've become?

My poor children are taking the brunt of it.  My lack of control, this feeling of a deepening hole in my chest.  I hate myself a little more every time it comes out.  I am borrowing this term but I have become "Monster mommy".

Reading this article, Monster Mommy & Monster Mommy pt 2 has helped.  At least I'm not alone in the unhinged moments.  Hard to admit I'm so far from the parent I have always strived to be.  Hard to admit I can't relish my living children every second like I know i should, my heart & head just aren't cooperating these days.  Lastly hope that it'll turn around & I won't have scarred my children in the process.

Here are the articles, Monster Mommy & pt 2 both published in Still Standing Magazine.

Monster Mommy
Monster Mommy pt 2

Lost for how to wrap this up...hoping for a better day tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Just checking in on you..... I can relate....xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lea, Thank you so much for your comment. It is so good to know that I am not alone, even after all this time & especially in what can feel like 'I've gone crazy' moments. xo

      Delete
  2. This is so me at the moment. The mother I once was is gone. Changed forever.

    ReplyDelete