Wednesday 23 May 2012

Editors response

Find below the response from one of the editors at the Toronto Star in response to the complaint made re: the thoughtless & hurtful headline:

Hi,
Undertstand that the writers of articles do not generally write the headlines on them. I agree that one is insensitive and will pass your comments on to the appropriate person.
Sincerely
Jim Slotek

Not sure how I feel about this response.  Acknowledgement yes, but feels a little like a brush off to me.  Maybe I'm too sensitive but a two liner response? And where's the apology?

Am I just being a hormonal, sensitive girl?  What are your thoughts? 

1 comment:

  1. It would have been nice for them to apologize, but the way I look at it is that it was brought to their attention that they were insensitive and I would "let it go". Don't give them a lot of your energy or thoughts. There is way too much going on to give them so much of "you".

    ((hugs))
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete